Saturday, June 20, 2009

a wee change

Every year I grow older I really do grow wiser. I've always heard women talk about
how great of a virtue wisdom is. Well, for me...that wisdom is admitting that I
have absolutely no attention span! One project always leads to another without fail.
Really.
So yesterday I decided to tackle the boys bathroom. Since we live in a ti-tiny house, our guest bathroom is our sons' bathroom. If you have boys you know what a challenge mantaining cleanliness is. I don't think we need to go any further with that one! While I'm cleaning the bathroom I get a whim and think it needs a little sprucing up. Being on a budget these days I decided going shopping is out of the question.
So, when all else fails...go out to the garage and look for the paint. Paint can change so much with such little effort. I'm completely challenged when it comes to paint....I hate to prime, wait for the paint to dry, sand....ughhh. Just thinking about it makes me impatient. I had one of those simple everyday frames around my builder-basic bathroom mirror.
Here is what it looked like:

This is the bathroom curtain that I decided to pull some green out of:

And here is what a little paint can do:
Not a huge difference but enough to make me feel like it's new!
I had the green paint left over from a recent project so it cost me nada....which
always makes you feel good.


So on to the next 'project'.
A little frame I had from when my 1st son was born.
Needs some TLC so again, paint. Yes...paint, sand, sand some more
because I'm impatient, suddenly realize that the paint is coming off
because it's not completely dry (like too much is coming off, paint again but this time
wait patiently overnight). Viola!
I had everything on hand so it cost me zip, zilch. I heart F.R.E.E!
My hubby looks like a baby! This picture was taken right after my
first son was born and he's 8 1/2 now...my how time flies!

It's new home in the bathroom on the shelf.

I guess sometimes a short attention span can be a good thing.

3 comments:

maribeth said...

i love your craftiness! both look great!

candy said...

Somehow came across your blog as Ive been blog hopping :) Thought Id say Hi :)
:)
candy

Three Girls and a Daddy said...

you are so creative and inspiring!!