Monday, June 29, 2009

a little clean up

I'm tired. Really tired but the show must go on. Our weekend consisted of cleaning up and out. When you clean out, you all know what that means. You must part with things. Sometimes I'm just happy to get things out of the house because clutter can make you feel bogged down. Wait, not every kind of clutter just the clutter that ain't cute! Examples of uncute clutter...toys with missing parts, Nascar t-shirts, potty seats, bikini clad torso-ed drinking mugs (I must take a picture of these). Ok, I better stop before I make my family look like uber rednecks.

On to said projects. I had to paint this sweet little Bombay table because one of my ever-so-loving-sweet-little-precious-innocent children decided to climb the chair and soar off of it like he could fly like Batman and tip my sweet little table over! See the big chip on the top left side?

Before: (but after said sweet child knocked it over)
And after:

Now, if only I could get rid of the above plaid chair!



This is my now project. I'm sanding the doors down because I had the grand idea,
oh 8 years ago, to paint these doors with a crackle finish. Grand idea...NOT!
Getting that off is a nightmare! I'm painting the inlay of the doors black
and am painting a fleur de lis on the top 2 doors.
A little spray paint for the knobs and hopefully it will look great.
If not, my husband might ship me and the amoire back to
China where I'm sure it was made.

Happy Monday...now off to sand.

3 comments:

maribeth said...

can't wait to see it! i know you have wanted to do this for a while!

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight said...

Beautiful! I've been wanting to sand and refinish a table we inherited a long time ago but I've been intimidated by it.

What supplies do you need to sand a table?

breanne said...

maribeth...so i pulled a really smart move. i stenciled the fleur de lis on upside down. i didn't even pay attention to which way the fixtures on the door went once we had them off. ughh, at least it was only 1 door.
beth...i used an electric sander but i've also done shelves and furniture with just a good ole' sanding block. i sand and sand and the more the better for me. i don't want to have to go back and redo it. if you don't sand good enough the paint won't stick. i've also become fond of spray paint lately. SO EASY!!!