Tuesday, November 24, 2009

where's breanne?

Blogging has taken a backseat to birthday parties, being chair of a school fundraiser, a death in the family, and now this....

carpet being thrown out a window.


Let me paint a picture for you. I've finished up all of Tanner's sweet little birthday party craziness...mess still to sit on my kitchen table (pictures of the party to come...I promise!). Move on to a school fundraiser. Again, mess on the kitchen table, floor, and kitchen counter tops. As I'm leaving for said fundraiser crazy day, I open the garage door to find puddles of water...everywhere. Hmm, what in the world. Ooooh, "Tristan, go get your daddy RIGHT NOW!!!". Said hubby jumps out of the shower and comes strolling out in a towel, it was only 45 degrees out and only for our neighbors to be leaving for work. Classy, classy I tell ya! We have a leaky hot water heater, he tells me. The rest, the whole long story, is history. For the comfort of your eyes, I will not bore you with the long drawn out story. It does however involve ripping out carpet and having all of that room's junk in your living and dining area.

Table, who needs a table to sit at?

jealous yet?



In the midst of my crazy, hectic Monday....
I received this!


O.H. M.Y. G.O.S.H!!!!!
My mother sent me my birthday present and being the impatient one I am, I had to rip it open right away. I died, cried, and my heart melted. Nobody loves you like your momma. Your mom doesn't just give you a simple present. She spends hours upon hours making you exactly what you wanted that you never even knew you wanted.

This is a beautiful pearl necklace that she made, on the right. Look at that cute
button and seashell! Pearls, seashells, and turquiose. DONE!




One thing about my mom is that she always coordinates the wrapping of a present with the present itself. I almost died when the box she mailed everything in was wrapped to a t. Seriously, we wonder where I get my ocd tendencies. An adorable, aqua, chunky picture frame and a super cute fluer di lis. You can't see in the pic but she did some aaaa-mazing bead work for the handle.


Now for the creme de' la creme. A sewing basket.
Swoon, pass out, try to pick my self up.
Monogrammed. Enough said.


Handmade pinwheel flowers...lots and lots of them.
With mother of pearl buttons.
Someone, please start my heart back up.







Then, I opened the basket up, as if that just wasn't enough in and of itself, to find notions galore, bobbins, threads, scissors, and...drum roll....vintage buttons. Three bags to be exact! I seriously cried and cried. I have received many, many presents in my lifetime but this one hit the spot. I can't believe someone cared about me so much to sit for hours and make all this. Be still my heart, I love her. Not for the gift alone but for knowing me. For taking the time to really, really know me. For listening to my frustrations about having nowhere to put my sewing knick knacks and coming up with not just a sewing basket but a memory. A memory I will cherish for years and years to come. That I will, hopefully, be able to pass on to my daughter-in-law or grandchild.


And because the front and top aren't cute enough...
the back is detailed too.


A millions thanks can't top how I feel even when life is crazy!

6 comments:

TLF said...

What an amazing mama!
You lucky duck! ;)

beth said...

So sweet! I didn't know it was your bday! Happy Birthday! Sorry for all the craziness! Hope it gets under control soon:)

Rachel~Wildflower Photography Studio and Wildflower Creative said...

How lucky are you?! What awesome gifts!! :) Have a great Thanksgiving!

Smiles,
Rachel

Rachel~Wildflower Photography Studio and Wildflower Creative said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

I love your mom, and I don't even know her! :) Absolutely perfect gift!

My Little Cupcake said...

Awww, Breanne. I'm so sorry about your hot water heater. However, that gift is awesome!! I can definitely see where you get your craftiness from!