Monday, July 6, 2009

pretties for a sweet baby girl

Those who know me well know I live for all things girlie. I love the big bows, smocked bishops, and anything monogrammed. So, since God blessed me with two boys I live for the chance to do anything for those little princesses. Ooh, I get so excited just talking about it. I know I will be blessed with grandbaby girls...right, God?

My sweet friend Sara had Miss Olivia Faith 10 weeks early. Let me just tell you, this sweet angel has pushed every envelope since she was given life. Sara had problems throughout her pregnancy and with every problem she trusted, without wavering faith, that God had Olivia in His hands. It was awesome and powerful to see. Ten weeks early Olivia decided she wanted out and ever since has triumphed. She's gained a little over a lb in a month and is getting cuter by the minute. I really love her. The first time I saw her I cried. I don't know if it was the sheer joy of seeing my girlfriend's dreams come true or the miracle of what God can do. We praise Him daily for his blessings! Keep this precious family in your continued prayers as they've endured over a month with Olivia in the NICU and have about 2 weeks left, God willing.


I think she was about 2 weeks old in this picture.
They had taken all her oxygen and feeding
tubes out to clean her off. Do you see how te-tiny she is?
When she was born she weighed 2lbs 12oz.


On Saturday me and two other gals are throwing Sara a shower so I crafted all day yesterday. Here are a few things I made:

Baby sleeping sign.



Back


Picutre frame for the food table:




Of course it had to have her initial!



I'm going to put this on the mailbox. Balloons are over rated, ha.
I wish you could see how cute this "ribbon" is.
The camera is not being nice!!!!


Sweet plaque. Got the idea from Jen . She is one talented momma.
Check her out!


I used some old little pearl flowers I took off
a hair clip. Look around your house...you'll never believe
what you have hiding!


Can you tell I'm addicted yet? I think I'll use this tag
to adorn the cupcake stand.


Sara lost her mother recently and she loved butterflies. We decided to
do the shower in choclate brown and pink, her nursery colors.
I thought it'd be sweet to add little butterflies throughout
so Sara would feel a little bit of her mom here. I'm
going to hang these from the ceiling above the food table
and hopefully find some baby pink paper lanterns.
I can't wait to post pics of the shower!

3 comments:

Faith said...

CUTE!! I can't wait for the shower! You seriously need to teach me how to make those things!!

breanne said...

mum's the word girl! we need to have a highpoint craft night! see ya sat:)

maribeth said...

so cute! girl, you will have to join us for craft club. we are apparently on hiatus currently, especially since it is trunk show season!