Monday, July 6, 2009

no-sew is always bettah!




I don't sew...period. It might be a patience thing but all I know is it's not my thing. Growing up, I lived in Hancock's with my mother. She would drag me to the fabric store so we could get all the necessary items for my bubble suits. {You know you wore them...with your Keds or Sam & Libbys}. Ha! I used to hate all the measurements. Trying pieces of fabric on so it would fit just right. My mother would stay up night after night sewing the most beautiful dresses for me so I could match in our family's Holiday attire. That's right folks, we were THAT family. The ones who wore coordinating outfits. I love her for caring so much! Plus it gives us all a good laugh.

Ok, ok...on to my current state of affairs. These "curtains". Since I don't sew and my budget as of late doesn't call for custom curtains I decided to shake it up a bit. By shaking it up I mean digging into the basket of fabric my mom left me and finding something "new" to satisfy my shopping bug. These were completely made using hem tape. It's my 2nd new obsession...my 1st being spray paint...or is it Mod Podge? Too many choices! Anyways, I envision these curtains with a big monogrammed initial in the middle of the curtain between the ribbon. I'm not digging the ribbon but it's what I could find on a whim. I don't know what it needs but the sheer ribbon just ain't working for me. Any ideas?

2 comments:

kelly said...

what about some sort of sueded or leather about the same width? the same chocolate color though- not sure how it would attach though- couldn't knot it. maybe you could gather it and bunch it together some how? not my expertise, obviously, but i do like the no sew idea- i need some living room curtains right now but don't have the money to buy any either- i do sew but i'm always too intimidated to try things like that. maybe you've encouraged me now... ;o)

breanne said...

go for it girl! seriously beyond easy!!!! miss ya:)