Friday, July 10, 2009

sweet


Today is cookie and cupcake day for the shower. I'm not a baker by any means but thought I'd try my hand at these cookies a couple of weeks ago when my kiddos were craving snickerdoodles...ok, I lie...I was craving snickerdoodles. The boys were just happy to get their sugar rush on. This is the BEST cookie recipe and almost reminds me of those yummy Lofthouse cookies you buy at the grocery. You know the ones that melt in your mouth and are literally covered in icing that boasts a perfect circle. MMM! Ok, so try them!!!!

1c buttah
1 1/2 c sugar
2 lg eggs
2 3/4 c flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter, sugar, and eggs. Once combined mix your dry ingredients. Chill dough for about 15 minutes. Now, since these are normally a snickerdoodle cookie you scoop out a ball and roll them in cinnamon-sugar BUT I used the dough and rolled it out to about 1/2 in thickness and cut them in squares. I tried a cookie cutter but the dough is so buttery my body heat was making the dough too wet. I used a basic royal icing that I added some bittersweet chocolate too and then made a buttercream that I colored pink.

Buttercream:
1 c butter
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
3 1/2 c powdered sugar

I cream my butter and vanilla then add the milk. Slowly add the powdered sugar so you aren't looking like a ghost from the first swirl!

Sit back with a yummy cookie and a tall glass of cold milk....ENJOY!

2 comments:

maribeth said...

you had me at lofthouse. . . .

Diane said...

Yummy cookies... I'll just have you make mine the next time I go to order them! They look so much better!