Monday, July 13, 2009

without Him

As a child of God, I often wonder where my life would be without my Savior. It's only by His grace that I'm forgiven for my short comings and sins. I'm not perfect and I never will be. Thank goodness for an ongoing relationship. I've slipped and fallen and tried to get right back up and follow Him but sometimes I chose the wrong way. I'm tearful in thinking of God's arms just waiting and calling me back Home. He's there with arms wide open to hug me and tell me how much He's missed me. I am so comforted in knowing that if I fail I will not be shunned. Here on earth I have problems with perfection. Little by little I'm learning to let go but some days I find it ever so hard. Freedom comes on the weight of God's shoulders. Let Him carry it for you...it's amazing what giving it fully and honestly to Him can do for you.

2 comments:

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight said...

Yes, I've got perfectionist problems too. I especially need his grace during these long summer days :)

breanne said...

uh amen beth! these boys are more than rowdy this summer:) i now know not to pray for patience, lol.