Thursday, October 22, 2009

caramel & miley...i mean hannah


It's fall y'all! Ok, so it's been fall for awhile now but last week here in Memphis we skipped fall and dove right in to winter. It was coooold! The boys and I made some scruptious caramel apples to try and warm us up one afternoon. They are so very easy (which I totally swoon over!). To add a bit of rustic charm to them I added tree branches instead of popsicle sticks for the handle. To do this, without getting nasty tree branch germs inside our apples, I sanded down the branches. Only the part that was going in the apples though. Throw some caramels into a sauce pan with a tbsp of cream and heat. Roll your apples in the mixture and then in nuts. Or no nuts if you are not a nutty person. The boys also rolled them in chocolate chips. We put them in the fridge for awhile to cool.

Then sit down, while watching Hannah Montana the Movie, with a 3 year old and enjoy. Yes, Tanner picked the movie out. Lovely, huh? I have to say...not too bad of a movie. And the dancing, in our living room, was the best! Tanner hearts Miley.

1 comment:

My Little Cupcake said...

Such a cute idea! Can't wait to do this kind of stuff again with Katie when I start to feel better. I'm thinking my Christmas cookies are going to look very interesting this year.