Friday, October 9, 2009

enough already!

It has been one of those weeks. A week that I want to erase from my ever.so.loving. memory. Last night I told my hubby that I've reached my limit this week. He so quickly and loving reminded me that there were two more days. Heck!

It all started last Friday...with...the...dreaded...FLU. Last weekend we had one of those jam packed, 100 million things to do weekend and don't you know...Tanner caught the flu. Tamiflu we started and wiped most of our weekend clear. Tanner decided to share in his run mommy to get jello, sprite, gatorade, chicken noodle soup, tissues, motrin, vicks, movies, toys, games germs to Tristan on Saturday. My thought was great...at least we will get it over in one fellow swoop. Tristan however decided to get the flu really, really bad. Yacking and all. Me + yacking= more yacking. Plain, simple.

Then the week just slid down the drain from there. Cleaning, coughing, car trouble, other car tire trouble, kid off adhd meds bouncing off the wall, no school, hives...the list goes on. I don't want to bore you and make you feel sorry for me.

In all this glorious time I had ample opportunity to feed a new addiction. Applique time!


Monster madness. Tanner is into all things scary without having to be scared.
Does that make sense? Ha, one of those hard to explain things.
This is his pumpkin monster...or so he says.


FINALLY finished the car applique.


T applique to go with his aqua pants that my mom
says are girlie. Go on...leave that comment for me, mom.


"Oh Chrimas Tree! Oh Chrimas Tree...
How lovely are youuuu branches?"
This is how Tanner sings it so we
can not break tradition.

Polka dots + curly headed boy=lots of
"what a cute little girl" comments

3 comments:

maribeth said...

cute, cute, cute! and, they are not girlie!(and, i love your mom!)

My Little Cupcake said...

Sorry y'all had the flu! Yuck! However, the appliques are precious and your blog looks so cute!

mimi said...

sorry darlin, i am a little late getting to thid one, now i know i may have said that when we bought the pants. but the tee is adorable and you will make me eat my words cause my heart will melt when i see him in all his glorious duds! you are doing fabulous work on these tee's. another business in the making!! Luv u!