Wednesday, October 14, 2009

twenty five


On many occasions I've told you I have obsessions. One of my obsessions costs me alot of money....or should I say costs my hubby alot of money. Children's clothing. I'm Obsessed with a capital O...did you notice? Trunk shows have been my best friend when finding unique, sweet, Southern clothing for my little guys. Since the boys are almost 5 years apart, I only had about a year where I bought them both clothing from trunk shows. Now however, Tristan has grown out of it. Saves me money, right? No. He has aquired a taste for Vineyard Vines. Not the most economical line of clothing.

Anyways, I decided it was time to start pulling their summer clothes so I can store them. I knew Tanner had a lot of shorts but boy, it hit me when I saw them all stacked up. Unfortunately the picture above doesn't include all of them. Some are in the dryer. Would you like to guess how many pairs there are? 25. Yes people...25. I don't even own 25 bottoms much less just shorts.

After I saw it all, the money popped right into my mind. The money I've spent. Oh, I can't even go there. Seeing this just gets me excited because I am now a sewer trying to make the things I love so much with my own hands. I've gotten frustrated with the bobbin/thread/needles on my sewing machine but I am learning. It feels like such a great accomplishment...until your little one wears pants that you made and splits the seat. Yes, one of the first pairs of pants I made is ruined. I'm blaming it on the fabric. Sometimes cheap fabric is just that...cheap. Oh well, at least Tanner has a breeze.

3 comments:

My Little Cupcake said...

Girl, don't worry about those split pants. It happens! Just keep practicing! It is kind of sad when your toddler/preschooler has more clothes than you. I keep thinking about how crazy it is that Katie is dressed better than me every day. Of course, being pregnant, I really do not have many options. Like right now, she has on a cute twirly skirt, some leggings, and a little t-shirt with bunnies. What am I wearing? Pajamas of course!

TLF said...

Oh, But the buying part is SO.MUCH.FUN!

jennifer said...

oh yes. oh yes. i know... i think this season i got a little obsessed too.