Thursday, October 15, 2009

pink party hat


I'm in birthday mode. My baby is turning 4 and I want this to be a really special day for him. I don't know if it's the fact that my hubby and I have decided we are done having kids or that time has literally flown by. I am a little teary eyed thinking about him turning 4. For some reason, 4 is big to me. It's the start of growing up, getting ready for kindergarten, and learning that your mommy can't be with you all the time. Oh tears!

Ok, joyous...let me celebrate in him learning new things and get off the teary eyed psycho momma talk. Yesterday I wanted to do a test run for the party hats I'm making to see what size I needed to cut my paper. So, I just grabbed the first piece of scrap paper I saw and made my hat. I asked Tanner if I could try it on him for size and he told me I needed to finish the birthday hat so he could wear it. Being a good momma, at 8 o'clock at night...I threw some crepe paper and ribbon on it and boy...was he excited. His brother made sure to make fun of him for wearing his pink hat. Bless his heart, it didn't bother him one bit. And so much, he is wearing it again today. Even at naptime.

No comments: