Wednesday, August 19, 2009

for freeeeeee.....

I love redoing anything that was given to me. My mother recently gave me her old sewing table. Oh, how I love this table! The definition of the lines in the legs of the table are great. I knew I wanted to paint it and make it into a little desk for Tristan's room.

Thanks to Glidden's FREE paint...this whole project was freeeeee! When I first ordered my free paint, I thought the color was fantastic. It's called Icy Waterfall. But when I went to Home Depot to get the sample, because we all know the color on the computer screen is waaaay off, I was second guessing myself. Well, fast forward to actually getting around to painting the piece....I double love it! It's the slightest greyish, baby blue. At first it looks white, then out pops a greyish blue. Roughed it up some...viola! Desk painted.


Oh wait, I didn't paint the back panel underneath the desk. Redo! How ya like that freeeee chair?!?! One of my girlfriends gave it to me...giddy am I! Recovered the seat cushion and done. Well, for now. I think I'm going to paint it an ever so slight orange. What, orange you ask. Yes orange....totally roughed up of course. We'll see what the spray paint selection is. Heaven knows I hate to sit there with a paint brush these days when I've experienced the ease of spray paint. Oh how I love that stuff! I promise I will stay away from the neon orange though. I think I'm going to remove the bulletin board, that started off as a piece of artwork, and put some small shelves up for his crayons, pencils, and knick knacks. I'm also going to put a piece of glass on the top since it is old irregularly beautiful. We wouldn't want our homework "jacked up" (or so he says).

Since I had lots of freeeee paint left I had to find other things to paint.

Hopefully my mail will stay off the counters now.



5 comments:

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight said...

That looks amazing! You do some great work :) Way to go!

Rachel~Wildflower Photography Studio and Wildflower Creative said...

Love it all! :)

Smiles,
Rachel

Sonya @ Balentine Bliss said...

That is awesome!! Love the look of your blog! ;) It was great getting to know you and look forward to hanging out with ya on Monday again!!

maribeth said...

look at you crafting up a storm! i love it! the sewing table-precious! i know where you got your great taste from-that momma of yours. and, i never would have thought to use that random wooden frame for that! hmm . . .

mimi said...

beautifully executed my dear! that table has never looked better! tootie's room is coming together. i'm so proud of you, you make the best lemonade with your lemons! you are making the world and your home beautiful one piece @ a time. i have recently come to the reality of how we are a throwaway world, especially when you see the only mountains Florida has that are garbage, shame on us! but good for you that you are doing your part!