Thursday, August 6, 2009

thankful

Facebook....it's a lifesaver. Really, how did I live without it for so many years? It's where you post about your life, relive your life, and make plans with your life. I have gotten in touch with long lost friends and boy is it fun to recap years gone by. I recently found one of my best high school friends, Chris, and in a mere second my heart broke for him. As I asked him how he had been he let me into his world. His life lately has been filled with heartache and pain. Back in May him and his fiance (a gal we went to high school with) were riding motorcycles when she was hit head on. She literally died in his arms he said. It is a life event that has forever changed his world. I can't begin to imagine the gut wrenching pain that takes over him everyday. He said my love for her literally consumes me. Wow! As I messaged back and forth with him he keep saying never forget those you love.

As a someone who has been close to death on 2 occasions I know this but I sometimes quickly forget. I get so hurried in my daily life that I forget to mention those sweet I love yous. When your life is going well, do you forget to praise our Father for what he has given you? I do but I pick right back up and thank Him for all His many blessings because without Him I could do nothing!!! Hug your loved ones and never forget how precious life is.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Wow. I don't know him, but he'll be in my prayers. We often forget that the ones we love the most are not promised to us for tomorrow.

jennifer said...

i've been struck with this same thought so many times lately. makes you realize what is truly important in life.