Monday, August 17, 2009

total score


Are you a bargain shopper? I am impatiently, most certainly....NOT! I don't like digging, sorting, or scouring for a bargain. I do however like when a bargain finds me. That is when I know I just can't say no. Often things that are on sale are not clearly marked. Today was one of those days. I had to hit Michaels up for something and I saw the glorious 70% off sign. Usually, the thought of sifting through used up, broken, nobody wants it shelves makes me itchy. (Does anybody else get itchy when looking through old things?) There they were....wooden banners. Well, the bases to make a wooden banner. I quickly got giddy and started throwing children's foam sets out of the way. I MUST have 6. As a little old lady came my way, I planted my feet and widen my arms. You know...as if to stake my territory. Afterall, this was my 70% off pile! So, 6 banner pieces later (and lots more goodies) I scored all of the above for, get this.....$18.64! I had a super, sweet cashier that didn't mind my nickel and penny mind set. I don't know what got into me? I guess I wanted the best of the best bargains. I can now see where it becomes addicting.

Two of my favorite things are below. A cute birdie pencil holder ($.59) and tray (hello... $.89!). Since they weren't clearly marked so I didn't realize how much they were. I should have gone back and scooped up the rest of them. I originally bought this to make into a present for Tristan's teacher but I think I will have to keep this for myself.


3 comments:

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight said...

Yes, those are definitely keepers- so cute!

maribeth said...

i NEED some of those banner base thingys. or at least i think i do . . . good to see that heat n bond made it into the purchase! see you tonight!

Rachel~Wildflower Photography Studio and Wildflower Creative said...

Oh my goodness! How lucky you are to find such great stuff...and for super cheap! :) Love, love, love the birdie tray...I have a thing for birds. :)

Smiles,
Rachel