Monday, August 10, 2009

{in}courage


There is a new site out in the blogging world that is DYNOMITE! I love it. These are real women at the heart of God sharing the work He's done in and around their lives. At least that is how I view it.
What {in}courages me?
  • my Savior Again and again he is always there. In my heart, around me, always {in}couraging me. I have failures that He sees as hurdles and only with Him can I conquer.
  • my boys Showing me how to be a kid again....to let loose and not sweat the small things. To be carefree and have passion. To let the ice cream melt and get dirty.
  • my husband Teaching me to never give up on a dream. To work hard and use your dedication as a means to strive. To love and be loved.
  • my mom Such a woman of grace and love. I could write a book on this but I'll spare y'all. She is much loved beyond any words!
  • my sisters in Christ I've been blessed without measure. I'm amazed at what a true friend is and how God puts them in your life at just the right time. I love my girlfriends!
  • cooking I find comfort in the kitchen. There is nothing better than gathering around the table with friends and family to eat, drink, and most of all...be merry.
  • imperfection Now this would not have been anywhere in my vocabulary a couple of years ago...heck, even a couple of months ago. But now, as I sit and embrace all my imperfections it is my {in}couragement through and through. Because I was inslaved to perfection, I have given it all to Him. He takes it all and leaves me burden free. I love that my house isn't perfect, afterall...that means we have giggled, played, and loved in our home.

From Merriam-Webster::

{in}courage: to {in}spire with courage, spirit, or hope

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

found your site through {in}courage~ good list!

your boys are adorable too btw. :)

blessings to you.

amber (hutch5@xanga.com)

mimi said...

you know i have had such a bad day at work, and i get on your blog and i laugh, i cry & so enjoy the music! thank you for your {in} couragement. your old mom can use it as often as she can get it. when i get beaten down, i can always count on you my best friend and sweetest daughter to be there in many forms! i love having your blog to go to! I love you & miss you! yes the tears are falling! lol!

2 Little Irish Boys said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I just found this new blog too--I love it!
Can't wait to continue keeping up with your blog. Please stop by again, hopefully I will start posting more!!

Holley - (in)courage said...

Oh, yes, the beauty of imperfection...I'm just recently realizing that too! It's so freeing, isn't it? Your post made me smile...thank you for being (in) with us!