Tuesday, February 10, 2009

All in a Day

So my recent trip to Louisiana lent me a few funnies. With all the genius marketing people out there lending their expertise in business names and concepts, I wonder how long it took the owners of this fine establishment to come up with this name....and yes, it was the name of the buisness.

And as if Pizza In A Box weren't bad enough, apparently Macy's is going thrifty (and Redneck:)

I seriously crashed as soon as I walked in the door. As if shoving candy and junk food down the boy's throats for 6 hours wasn't bad enough...we turned on the tube and played the Wii so momma could rest her eyes. I tell myself every mother does this...right?
Since I long to keep up with June Cleaver I realized tomorrow was Tanner's Valentines party to which I commited a sweet treat. Then, as every holiday, I have to bring the teachers a little something to let them know how much we love them (or as Tanner says...lub them). Off to my ribbon mound and craft basket to find something to whip together. I won't lie though, I did buy the scrapbook paper to try my hand at modge podging but time didn't grant me enough of it's ever so sweet glory. I found some buckets that I had from Easter (the $1 section at Target is great!) and threw some 'store made' blueberry scones in it along with a cute little Valentine Day ornament.

Thank goodness for Betty Crocker because she never lets me down! I tried my hand at using applesauce instead of oil in a cake mix and I do have to say I love it! You'd never know the fat bottle wasn't popped open and poured in.
Mmm, cupcakes. Aren't they devine?

1 comment:

Carrie said...

aww I love the ornament! I made some for christmas now I want to make pink ones!! How much applesauce did you use and was it sugarfree or whatever?? I have always wanted to try that!