Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday Favorites

If you know me well, you know how much I really can't stand Valentines Day. I LoVe all the cute little crafts and what not...check out Love, Laughter, & Lyrics for adorable ideas, but the day itself just doesn't do anything for me. What I really hate is all that cheesy, commercialized junk. The stuffed animals, Zales' $99 jewelry specials, boxes of chocolate (well, if anyone wants to send me a box of Vosges' chocolates I will not hurt your feelings and turn them down), balloons, and grocery store 'spring' bouquets. It's sends me over the edge...really. It's not that I'm not romantic but it's such a huge pressure cooker to try and match the expectations of one day of "love". Dealing with all the newly dating couples while they whisper sweet nothings to each other at the Melting Pot doesn't seem to tickle my fancy. So, in honor of my chipper spirit of the lovefest day... What are your favorite things you love to hate?

1. the self-check out lines at the grocery store...they seem to always want to beep at you!
2. people who like to pick their nose or their fingers/toes...no names here.
3. aol
4. voice mail...it's a love hate thing. I'm really bad about checking it...seems like a big ole' pain.
5. cbs news...mainly katie couric these days.
6. music while you are on hold on a call.
7. screaming musicians
8. sleeveless boy shirts
9. light-up shoes
10. and while we are at it....cartoon character apparel even though I have given in to the cries of my children.
11. POTLUCKS!
12. most chain restaurants...I will say one of my fav places is Pei-Wei though.
13. public potty mouths
14. Germantown Pkwy
15. rude waitresses/waitors
16. Walmart!!!!!!
17. ground beef
18. excessive pda
19. cell phones ringing during church
20. K-swiss

Well, that is it for now. I'm sure there are many more that I'm not thinking of right now....and I'm sure my husband would highly agree with this. What can I say...I tend to be picky at times.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

I'm so with you on everything but the ground beef thing!

Sadly, Dora and Yo Gabba Gabba have entered our house as well...