Monday, February 23, 2009

It's Monday....right?

I had such a great weekend....besides the growth of our home pharmacy. Will there ever be a week that goes by without a dr's visit or antibiotics? I just got off a z-pac about 2 weeks ago only to find out a week later that I have a double ear infection along with an ear that is missing a tube, that I just had put in less than a year ago. To top it all off, Tristan has an ear infection too and now Tanner has got the gunk and is only getting worse. Another ped visit in my near future? I'm sure.

So, weekend projects. Who knew decorating an older boys room was so flipping difficult! I've literally searched for months, ask any of my friends and family as this is all I ever talk about, for bedding for my oldest son who is 8. Half my problem is the fact that I vow not to paint the room. It's a golden, butter color and finding bedding has been a real test. I guess I should say, bedding that I can afford and won't cost as much as a house payment before it's all said and done. I finally settled on some PB Kids bedding that I found at the outlet for 75% off. It's simple and cute...and predominately white. Whatever am I thinking. Oh, I know...they were only $30 something a piece and since we have bunkbeds I settled. My next task...sheets. Again, am I too outrageously picky or is there nothing out there?!?! I will say I found some cute ones from Pamela Kline's line but with a price tag of $159 for a twin sheet set my better instinct says I'll pass and instead buy groceries for a week. I joined the bandwagon that all you crafty people call decoupaging. For year and years I've called the stuff modge podge until my husband, yes I said husband, informed me that it is mod podge. What??? Why has no one corrected me? Thanks friends. I would ultimately love it if someone commented and said...oh no Breanne, there is a brand called modge podge. Humor me people! I went crazy with this stuff...how addicting is it? Every one now has their initials coming to a room near them.

I hit the "Big One" Saturday. Our local flea market has such a catchy name, eh? There wasn't much but I did find a set of bullhorns for Tanner's cowboy room. Yet again, another work in progress. I can't wait to post pictures of the finished project. My little ole' brain is cooking up so many thoughts on decorating lately. Problem is my checkbook hasn't caught on the bandwagon. It takes so much! I also scored a cute little iron planter for my bathroom, another (hubby was oh so excited about this) smocked outfit for Tanner, and a picture frame and lampshade for said little one's room. Then with a little visit to Hobby Lobby for some 80% off home accents my heart was content and my account didn't go into cardiac arrest. Pictures coming soon!

Somewhat on the subject...can someone inform me on how to add pictures after you type your post out? Or can you only post them from the get go and type around them. I've typed all this out and now realized that I didn't add any pictures!

No comments: