Wednesday, February 4, 2009

saying goodbye

Well, I wanted to have a cheerful post about my day. I had the sickness fairy visit rapidly last night. It wasn't even taking prisoners...instead she decided to conquer and defeat without sparing one soul. I have felt it trying to squeeze in my life for a week now and I guess I just gave in to the temptation of lounging around for a few days. Of course, that would be nice but I did nothing of the sorts.

I sat down to finish up some trunk show orders when I saw an email from my mom about my great Uncle. He has been in the hospital for few weeks now and his dear soul just couldn't hold on anymore. At 2:30 this morning he went to be with Jesus. He told my Aunt Ga a few days ago that he was ready to go Home. Hearing that made me rejoice but at the same time my heart is aching for my aunt and his children! Although here on earth we are sad, our Heavenly Father is embracing one of His children. My great uncle was a true testiment of how one truly lets Jesus' light shine. I am tearful but soon think of how he is dancing and worshiping next to the One who saved him from a life without cause. Wow, what a awesome day that will be when God makes us whole again. When every wound is healed and we are perfect in every way. What a day when we see Jesus face to face. My little brain can't begin to comprehend.

Nothing else seems to matter about my day. Not the countless pants Tanner went through today or how I had to tell Tristan a 1000 times to stop running at my grandmothers. No, today is a day to think about a man's life and how his testimony impacted my own.

No comments: