Thursday, February 19, 2009

You're fired!

So, let me first start off by firing my Thursday protege. He's thrown in the towel, given up, raised the white flag....for now at least. I'm all you get!

Projects, projects, projects! I vowed the other day to really get my house in order...once and for all. I'm so sick of searching 3 different closets and 2 cabinets to find the Motrin. Time to 'try' and get organized. I first thought I needed to find some storage bins. I was really excited about this until I got out there. Here in Memphis, we have no Ikea, no Container Store. I've searched high and low at Target, Lowe's, Home Depot, and yes...I even went to a Walmart. You now know how desperate I am to get it all over and done with. I want it to be cute too...hence the problem. For now, here is what was (I still can't believe I'm posting the most embarassing closet in my house!):
And here it is now:
Ahh, it feels good to know that my gift ribbons are all color coordinated, gift bags are in one place, and when fevers spike I can know where to go to (the first time that is) and find Motrin! Whew.
My next project was recovering my desk chair. My mom gave me the most devine fabric to match my room. You really can't tell but the cheetah print is aqua, cream, and a linen color. To die for...and if only I had more of it. One of my projects is to get all of our bedrooms completely decorated. I made the call, finally, to get a new dust ruffle made. So pictures will be coming soon...hopefully!

No comments: