Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday Favorites

Since I'm sick I have a few favorite things geared toward sickness. Now the norm is to have a hot, piping bowl of homemade soup. Don't get me wrong....I love this but only if made by the hands of my mother and since she is 18hrs away I highly doubt I'll be getting that this time around. My go to comfort food this time was chicken curry. Something about the mixture of everything but the kitchen sink and coconut milk on top of steamy jasmine rice coupled with the extra hour of workout time tempted my tasteless buds. You know when you're sick nothing seems to taste the same but this time it did. Pure pleasure and worth every sore muscle in my body!

There is a certain way to eat curry...at least in this house. It must, MUST have a squeeze of lime and fresh cilantro! To top it off try katki...pickled mango of sorts. I got this in the mail the other day which sparked my need to have curry. I haven't been able to find it in Memphis but thanks be to my mom and her hubby it arrives on my doorstep when needed. A MILLION THANKS you two! You can't forget the toasted Naan bread either.

You might say that when sick you have to drink a cup of tea with lemon and honey. Great, but something about fizzy Diet Coke did it for me. I've cut carbonated beverages out but the goodness of hazardous chemicals tempted me once again. Thank you Coca-Cola for providing the world with this beverage of goodness! Don't forget the drugs either....a Z-pac will do you good:)

1 comment:

Three Girls and a Daddy said...

Feel better soon! Then, when you do, come down to Atlanta and cook some curry chicken for me!