Wednesday, September 23, 2009

chalkboard plates

Obsessions can be a good thing. My obsession as of current is decorating for Halloween. I'm on a rampage and nobody can stop me. One can of chalkboard paint is taking over. I've been chalkboarding everything from clay pots, trays, picture frames, and now plates.

These 3 plates are above my shelves in my kitchen/dining area. I love them but am wanting to change my whole style. Unfortunately, my kitchen/dining/living area is all one big (okay....cozy) space so changing it out all at once is just not possible for me. I'm trying to live and be content with what I have without dwelling on the changes I want to make. Babysteps as Bob would say. I have been really blessed with hand-me-downs from my mom but even she says...get rid of it. Isn't it funny how you love something and the next minute you want to change it?

So, in decorating for fall/Halloween I needed to change up those plates. I thought some cute damask plates would have been adorable up there but wanted instant change. No patience for shopping here. I had 3 plates that I found up in my cupboards as I was cleaning them out so I chalkboarded those bad boys up. Chalkboarded...it's a noun, a verb, an adjective. You know, like mod podging, mod podged, that's mod podgey. Brakes on, enough of the English lesson. I thought it'd be cute during Holidays to write things on them....like Boo, Joy, and ummm...okay, that's all I got. 3 letter words for other Holidays?

I need to get some of those plate hangers that you can't see. Have y'all seen those? If not, check them out here. They would make a huge difference in these plates.


I might find these plates addicting. I will have a new appreciation for those 25 cents plates at yard sales now. Happy Halloween y'all!

5 comments:

Michele said...

Ok...so I'm totally "starring" these posts in my google reader so i can do the same thing...I keep seeing you post about all the halloween decorating you're doing, so can you post some more pics so i can get some ideas? Its my favorite holiday and i want the main part of the house done, but i get overwhelmed and never know where to start!

Asiyah said...

Three letter words are hard, this is all I could come up with.

Feb: luv
May: mom
Jun: dad
Oct: eek

maribeth said...

too cute! can i ask a stupid question? what is 367?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.