Tuesday, September 22, 2009

filler blocks


Is it wrong that I steal blocks from my youngest? Yesterday I was decorating for Halloween and needed a filler for a vase. The iredescent marbles at the hobby store weren't calling my name. Black jelly beans were....but that meant a trip to the store and well, nobody wants to see me in my yoga pants with a paint stained shirt. This I promise you! So, off to the toys.

I spray painted 2 sides but since it's spray paint it got most of the block. The orange one in the background was an already painted toy block. Just roughed it up some.



Next, I cut some strips of scrapbook paper and mod podged the paper and 4 sides of the block.



Wrap it up. Easy and beyond peasy! I put a protective coating on because I have a feeling that the little one will want his "blocks" back.


I just used a flower vase I had on hand and added stickers to it, tied some ribbon around the vase, and added the blocks.


No comments: