Friday, September 4, 2009

kicking & screaming

Do you think you know your children and their personalities? Well, I did until we decided to play sports. Tristan has always been my artsy child....I totally gobble it up. One of his favorite things to do is cook. I dream of a cooking show (totally like Paula) where he calls me "momma" at 30 and comes in to kiss me right on the cheek. I do love my boys.

Tristan is 8 and has played sports in the past but they were never his "thing". No biggie. Well, this fall he decided he wanted to play flag football. Great, let's give it a try. Wouldn't you know...my artsy child is a true blue football guy. I love how my kid's prove me wrong.

Unfortunately, hubby's dreams to watch Tanner score the winning play in a State Championship may be a bit off. He was going to be our athletic guru. He's rough and tumble and loves to get dirty...well, not his hands but other than that we love getting filthy. We talked to Tanner about playing soccer and he was thrilled!!!

Our first soccer practice:

We've got our cleats...check.

Socks...check.

Here we are singing I love soccer:
(notice the rhythm in the hand motions)


all smiles


Until, we have to play. If you look to the right of the coach,
2 children over, that is Tanner.
Standing still, screaming his eyes out.
Oh wait, it does get better.
Unfortunately I didn't get the pictures of him
throwing his little ole self down on the ground and screaming.
Sometimes we even throw some dirt around.
It was great. I was one proud mom.


4 comments:

maribeth said...

hysterical!!

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight said...

That is too cute! My oldest is playing soccer this fall for the first time. He's six. I wonder what it will be like?

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight said...

I have an award for you over on my blog. Happy Labor Day!

Mandee said...

How cute!!! Your children are SO cute! I found your blog at Raising 3 Sons-Not a Bow in Sight! Congrats on your award! I'm now following you as well. :)

Feel free to stop by my site and sign up for some of my fun giveaways. More added soon! :)
http://raisingmy4sons.com