Friday, September 18, 2009

crafting mojo

I guess getting rain for 6 days straight gets your crafting mojo going. I've been lacking it big time lately. A Ballard catalog in the mail always gets a girl excited though. Does everyone else drool when it comes?

I recently bought a bunch of frames and have yet to decide what I want to do with all of them. I know I want to do some chalkboards, cork boards, and a tray but this dreary weather got me in gear without all the supplies I need.

Before:


After:


My father in law bought some music books at an estate sale that I hesistantly ripped a few sheets out of. They are so lovely. One was from the 40's and had a calendar tucked inside. I almost died! Don't you wonder what was going on in 1943 on December 16th? They smell old and bring my heart great joy. Maybe one day I'll put them to use and actually play the music.

For now though, I'm using them for decoration. This is a picture of my mom and 2 of her siblings. I love how the photo boasts of ripped edges and stained spots. It is irregularly perfect. The sheet music is a song from Bach that is in English and French. I am starting to think I've turned into an old soul.
(guess what I learned...this is not my mother but my father, his sister, and I'm guessing one of their cousins. oh well, you learn something new each day, ha!)


My other project was for Tanner's teacher's birthday. Since I can tend to procrastinate I thought I'd jump on it since her birthday is next week. She is young so I thought I do something a bit more funky. Remember those banner pieces I got for pennies? Well, I decided to part with one of them. I made the ribbon flower by just looping and stitching so it would stay secure.

We have puzzles galore in our house and pieces seem to walk away. I used the leftover pieces from our alphabet puzzle to create this plaque. I can't wait to show you what I'm doing with the base of the puzzle:)

1 comment:

Asiyah said...

I love the music sheets as a photo mat. I looked in vain for months at an antique score for some for a similar project. Your pictures look great!