Tuesday, September 29, 2009

halloween decorations & a banner

Usually I decorate for fall and not Halloween. This year though I thought I try something new. Paper and mod podge were definitely my friends. BFFs actually.



Remember the dirt cheap wooden, bird tray? Thanks to my trusty ole' spray paint and some mod podge it's transformed.


I framed a notecard that had a little Halloween lovin' going on.

I'm all for different heights when you are decorating.
I'm hoping to come home to some warm, banana nut bread on
this cake plate though.


Halloween banner. Since I only scored a few of these banner pieces I thought I'd double duty them. On the reverse side of this banner is one waiting to be decorated for Christmas. All I have to do is change the ribbons.












Thank you Dollar Tree for cheap, cheap frames. Scrapbook paper, stencils, and spray paint changed the whole look. Now all I have to do is change out the paper for the different Holidays...oh yeah, and come up with three-lettered words.


This little box was one of those cheap Christmas boxes that you use for cookies. The lid decided to disappear so I wrapped it in scrapbook paper and mod podged it. How many times do you think I've said mod podge? I'm shooting for a record here peps!


Recently I was talking about the beautiful, vintage music books my father-in-law gave me?


I used mod podge (yes, I'm addicted...do you see a pattern here?) and a simple tile. Simple stickers that spell out our last name and seasonal ribbon.

I love seeing other people's ideas. It really gets my juices going and sometimes...I just copy. Okay, most of the time. Holiday decorating doesn't have to be expensive. Use what you have and make the most of it.

5 comments:

Asiyah said...

Do you have a shop? You really should go into business for yourself. This is sooo cute.

P.S. If you have a few pages of music sheets, you're willing to part with....let me know! (Pretty, pretty, please...)

TLF said...

Love everything!!

Rachel~Wildflower Photography Studio and Wildflower Creative said...

LOVE how the bird tray turned out! I'm like you and typically decorate for fall. :) Your banner turned out SUPER cute! Gotta love Dollar Tree!

Smiles,
Rachel

breanne said...

asiyah...absolutely! let me know when you want to come by:)

PinkBalloons&Macaroons said...

cute post!! :-)I hope you have a fabulous night!! huge hugs!! Britt :-)