Thursday, September 10, 2009

pronto pups, funnel cakes, & cotton candy

It's fair time. I love the fair and expected to be entertained this year as we decided to give up our old faithful Mid-South Fair and venture to the burb's new fair. This is, I believe, the 3rd year we've had 2 different fairs to pick from here in Memphis.

Fairs are not the most classy but they do boast some fine eats. Tanner had his first ProntoPup and decided he didn't need the hot dog...he settled for the fried part covered in mustard. He is so my child! If you like fried foods you've got to get to a fair near you. Our arteries were clogged just looking at the food boards on the front of all the carts.

I was geared up to be entertained, like I said before, but was totally let down! Where were the toof-less carnies, the cutoffs, the mullets? Oh how I was let down. Seriously. We even went to the tractor pull to get some action and nothing. We did however see some beer branded bikinis for sale. Do girls really wear those?

Tanner decided he wanted to ride the ferris wheel. Momma was FREAKED.
Since we conquered the ferris wheel we thought we could ride anything. Do you see the terror?

Monkey ride...both were happy. And hooooootttt!


What is a fair without posing in the cheesy face cutout props?


or being locked in jail with a mouse as your guard?

All in all a very fun day but man, it was scorching hot! I still don't understand why the fair doesn't come later on in the year when it's cooler. I'm thinking the carnies like to get their tan nice and leathery while it's warm. Starting to wonder if that is a requirement on the fair job application.

2 comments:

2 Little Irish Boys said...

Nothing like gettin' hot at the ole fair!!
I love fairs and Cash loved it so much this year. Glad you had fun!

Mandee said...

Oh how fun! We love going to our local festival every year! My favorite thing to get is a lemon shake up! Yummy!!! :)