Friday, September 25, 2009

move over nancy

Nancy, she is the queen. With her melotone voice, mom-do, and customized denim she teaches us to sew. I remember as a young girl seeing her on PBS on Saturday mornings and thinking....does it ever end? It was the worst thing evah! Well, Nancy has some competition now.

That's right ba-bay...momma finally got herself a sewing machine! Happy Birthday to me...2 months early! This is only a decision that I've been pouring over for months. I have no clue whatsoever so this should be quite interesting. My mom might be sick of me calling to ask what I need, is this alright, and what the hey? A couple of summers ago my mom tried to teach me and it seemed like such a pain in the...whoop, you know! So, here goes.


ps: if I start to wear button up silk blouses with coordinating tapered pants while video taping myself for a PBS show on how to cut quilting fabric....stop me.

4 comments:

maribeth said...

go, sista!

Asiyah said...

You are too funny! Congrats on your purchase. I have a Brother machine too and love it.

Diane said...

You go girl! I remember Nancy! Used to watch her on PBS when nothing else was on TV- long before the cable days! LOL Good luck with the sewing! I may be ordering some cute shirts for the boys from ya soon! :)

Kristen said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love that you know Nancy - I remember her from when I was little and thought - this is the most boring show EVER! Now when I see it, man that woman can sew! I still can't watch an entire episode of her though.

Congrats on the new sewing machine! I got one for Christmas but it's still in the box, waiting for hubby to finish the basement so I can setup shop!

Adding you to my favorites - I'll be back!